After quite a long wait we are happy to announce the release of Trepidation 0.0.26. Scroll down for a list of new changes to this version.
Want to try it? Download it here.
– 21 multiplayer levels (maps).
– Quake 3 and Star Trek Voyager Elite Force Map Compatability.
– An original soundtrack featuring 11 original tracks.
– 7 Game Modes.
– In game Voice Over IP Support (VOIP)
– All New Weapons
– Instagib Modifier Available On Most Game Modes.
– Build defensive Gun Turrets in capture the flag.
– Random Map Rotations
– New features for Mappers.
SUMMARY OF THE NEW AND NOTABLE:
– You can now drop weapons.
– 4 new music tracks by DiVinity
– Siginificant Improvements to Trepidation Gametype + Instagib.
– New One 4 All Gametype in Single Player Mode.
– Bots can now, somewhat decently, play the Trepidation gametype.
– Now Compatable with maps for Star Trek Elite Force and Quake 3.
– A few brand new maps.
– Several Maps Revamped
– New Gametypes modes, One4All, Reverse CTF.
– Build Gun Turrets to defend your flag.
– Random Map Rotations
– Server admins, setup simple file based map rotations.
– Lots of bugfixes
Detailed Changelog – Most Recent Changes First
– Configuration menu now reflects and functions correctly with modern resolutions.
– New intro video.
– Fixed issue on single player arsenal, that would result if instagib was set to 1.
– New Version of CTF_JUNCTION_2
– ctf_battlefield has had a major facelift.
– Dystopia has had a major facelift.
– Major updates to ctf_trepxus, ctf_pyramid2, ctf_aversion, ctf_battlefield, dystopia
– New Maps: oarpg3dm2_s, dread2 and station145
– Added cl_multiuser for windows users, changing this to 0 will use the base directory for map downloads and configs instead of the appdata folder.
– Bots can no longer pickup flight
– LFO Rifle always starts with 40 ammo now.
– Fix redundant skill levels in bot files
– More tweaks to default video settings
– Corrected default video resolution
– New Map Trep_War_Ring_2
– ctf_pyramide2 has been revised and improved.
– Bot issues on ctf_pyramide2 have been resolved.
– Made error message clearer about version mismatches.
– You can now drop weapons using /drop or binding a key from the settings menu.
– Fixed issue where instagib would revert off in trepidation gametype.
– Fixed issue where powerups wouldn’t show up in arsenal correctly if instagib was set to 1.
– Fixed issue where new buildable items are announced more than once.
– Fixed issue where player remains immobilized after team scores and buildables are destroyed.
– Water on some ef maps now shows up correctly.
– fixed reference to default.cfg in engine, should be trepidation.cfg
– Added some of the new settings to the default cfg file (trepidation.cfg)
– Added 4 new tracks by DiVinity
– Updated engine defaults
– Updated trep radiant.
– Fixed issue where deaths where not getting counted correctly when they are self inflicted.
– Changed a handful of defaults in the engine for better looking graphics:
– Accuracy on scoreboard now shows # of deaths instead.
– Fixed missing model on error screen.
– Cannot join a server running a different version of Trepidation (this would royally screw up the game)
– Client will no longer try to download official game pak files from server.
– Fixed yet another bug where you would remained zoomed after warmup.
– Fixed arsenal and survival grapple settings in single player.
– Turrets and immobilizers are harder to destroy in instagib.
– Fixed ctf sample server configurations.
– Changed various text referring to the old (still working) website url.
– Changed DM to FFA to reflect free for all wording.