Trepidation is an open source first person shooter based on the IOQuake3 engine. Trepidation was a project originally conceived on April 9, 2006 with the intent to build a free first person shooter with a sci-fi theme. The idea was initially developed by members of the Star Trek Elite Force gaming community. The project disbanded before the game was complete sometime in 2008, but is currently back in development.
The game includes:
- 17 multiplayer levels (maps).
- Quake 3 and Star Trek Voyager Elite Force Map Compatability
- An original soundtrack featuring 10 original tracks.
- 7 Game Modes.
- In game Voice Over IP Support (VOIP)
- All New Weapons
- Instagib Modifier Available On Most Game Modes.
- Build defensive Gun Turrets in capture the flag.
- Random Map Rotations
Questions? Many are answered in our Frequently Asked Questions Page.
First thing is to download the most recent build of Trepidation and get it installed on your system. Once you have downloaded Trepidation one of the first things you will want to check is your video and network settings and make sure they fit your system. From the main menu go to: SETUP->SYSTEM->GRAPHICS and SETUP->SYSTEM->NETWORK respectively. You’ll likely want to run through all of the settings and controls to make sure they meet your needs.
Our test servers have some Quake 3 and Elite Force map conversions loaded on them. If you decide to play on maps other than the included stock maps you will have better luck getting them to run by downloading the XCSV Hi-res texture pack which will supply replacement textures and shaders that some 3rd party maps require.
You may want to familiarize yourself with the game by playing offline to begin with. Otherwise your ready to find a server to play on. When selecting online play you may find no servers displaying, be sure the the SERVERS setting on the server browser is set to INTERNET, sometimes this defaults to LOCAL.
How To Play
- Get Trepidation
- Quick Start Guide
- Trepidation Gametype
- Arsenal Gametype
- Survival Gametype
- Free For All
- Capture The Flag
- One 4 All
- Trepidation Weapons
- Other Inventory
- List Of Trepidation Levels
- 3rd Party Maps
- Voice Support
- Using the console
- IOQ3 Engine CVARS
- Quake 3 CVARS
- Planned Features For Next Release
Tutorials And Resources
- Setting Up A Trepidation Server On Linux
- Rotating Say Binds
- Sample Server Configuration
- Why FPS Effects Jumping
- Creating A Music Pack For Trepidation
- Control Volume With Your Arrow Keys
- Make A Mod
- Widescreen for Trepidation
- Source Code
- Project Milestones
- Bugs and Issue Tracking
- Compiling The Engine
- Level Design / Mapping For Trepidation
- Map Compatibility Layer for Quake 3 and Star Trek Voyager Elite Force.
- Download Radiant for Trepidation
- Models for Trepidation
- Daily Snapshots
- Team Trepidation
- How to Get Involved
- Wiki to do