New Development Build Available! Get it here.
IMPORTANT NOTES BEFORE INSTALLING THIS:
This update focuses on weapon balace, audio and visual issue fixes.
If your installing over an older copy.. which ISNT recommended! You
should clear out your base folder of **ALL** pk3’s. If the old ones
remain, you’ll have all sorts of problems.
Also, dont copy over your config file, set it up from scratch, things
have changed and you WILL have problems.
Another Good Idea is to turn your downloads on. The test servers are
setup to download very
quickly via http from trepidation.n5net.com if there is a file you need.
So yeah, turn your
downloads on 🙂
– 17 multiplayer levels (maps).
– Quake 3 and Star Trek Voyager Elite Force Map Compatability.
– An original soundtrack featuring 10 original tracks.
– 7 Game Modes.
– In game Voice Over IP Support (VOIP)
– All New Weapons
– Instagib Modifier Available On Most Game Modes.
– Build defensive Gun Turrets in capture the flag.
– Random Map Rotations
– New features for Mappers.
NEW AND NOTABLE:
– Now Compatable with maps for Star Trek Elite Force and Quake 3.
– Flame Thrower Primary Fire completely rewritten.
– New Gametypes modes, One4All, Reverse CTF.
– Build Gun Turrets to defend your flag.
– Random Map Rotations
– Server admins, setup simple file based map rotations.
– Lots of bugfixes
Trepidation Changelog – Most Recent Changes First
02-23-2017 Dev Build
– More bot updates
– Fixed server info screen, it was a mess and unreadable.
– New bot chatfile.
– Fixed issue where Singularity ammo wasn’t getting registered when
g_allowdevastator was 0
– Build Menu was missing from settings, re-added it back in.
– New Grapple icon, not used except on loading screen and some rare 3rd
– Removed duplicate shader file
– Invisible sarge bot bug fixed
– Gata Gun impacts updated
12-08-2016 Dev Build
– New linux binaries
– added g_allowDevastator, when set to 0 Devastator and it’s ammo are
replaced on maps with singularity cannon.
– Grapple can be used in CTF games now, it is now controlled by the
– Removed choose class from ingame menu as it was never implemented.
– Ammo box Models removed from pk3
– Ammo on hud is now an icon to match the pickup, not a model.
– Sample Server cfgs now default to sv_pure “1”
– Fixed damage on gata gun, was reversed primary/alt fire.
– Shotgun damage adjusted
– Attempting to make adjustments to AL support to fix music stutter
– Added Grapple option to offline and server menu.
– Added Instagib option to offline and server menu.
– Fixed type-o in server browser
– added g_allowGrapple to enable/disable grapple hook.
– Fixed single people ffa match so that the first map is random.
– Grapple is much more responsive.
– Bots no longer get the jetpack on showdown, as they kinda stink at it.
– Reduced new flame thrower damage.
– Fixed issue where missing player models made player invisible. Now
goes to default model.
– Server browser: Adjusted server hostname size so you can see more of
the name, got rid of the old pb
yes/no and also removed the udp/tcp column.
– Adjusted the max ammo on shotgun to 20, it was 60 which is way to high.
– Added an opening video – just a placeholder for now.
– More adjustment on the bots.
– Cleaning up more duplicate media in the pk3 files.
– New flag icons.
– Swapped gata alt and primary fire modes.. Just because
– Adjusted starting and max ammo on new flame thrower code
– All ammo pickups are icons, not wonderful, but better than the
cg_simpleitems -1 disables this.
– Started rewrite of flame thrower.
– Replaced Gauss Rifle Shotgun and Quad Damage Sounds
– Replaced a lot of sprites and icons, much cleaner now.
– Fixing ctf_aversion again.
– Removed some duplicate media in pk3 files.
– Made some adjustments for max ammo values, many where way too high.
– Fixed max ammo on weapons after screwing it up with the weapon re-order