IMPORTANT NOTES BEFORE INSTALLING THIS:
OpenAL is updated. Be sure to install it during the windows installer. The new version should fix a lot of problems some folks where having.
Also.. If your installing over an older copy.. which ISNT recommended! You should clear out your base folder of **ALL** pk3’s. If the old ones remain, you’ll have all sorts of problems.
Also, don’t copy over your config file, set it up from scratch, things have changed and you WILL have problems.
Another Good Idea is to turn your downloads on. The test servers are setup to download very
quickly via http from trepidation.n5net.com if there is a file you need. So yeah, turn your
downloads on 🙂
– 17 multiplayer levels (maps).
– Quake 3 and Star Trek Voyager Elite Force Map Compatability.
– An original soundtrack featuring 10 original tracks.
– 7 Game Modes.
– In game Voice Over IP Support (VOIP)
– All New Weapons
– Instagib Modifier Available On Most Game Modes.
– Build defensive Gun Turrets in capture the flag.
– Random Map Rotations
– New features for Mappers.
NEW AND NOTABLE:
– Now Compatable with maps for Star Trek Elite Force and Quake 3.
– New Gametypes modes, One4All, Reverse CTF.
– New Gameplay in Survival Game Mode
– MAC OSX Build.
– Working Bots
– Build Gun Turrets to defend your flag.
– Random Map Rotations
– Server admins, setup simple file based map rotations.
– Lots of bugfixes
Trepidation Changelog – Most Recent Changes First
– setup g_easymap for file driven map rotations.
– Fixed netchan error causing server crashes.
– Updated protocol so the old mac binaries will work since we have no way of making new ones.
– Built new DLLS with modern versions of vorbis, and SDL1.
– Scoreboard/Podium Model is no longer broken
– fixed up zoom functions and bugs
– Less weight on Guass Rifle for all bots.
– Reordered Weapons. Makes way more sense, now in the order of power 1 through 9.
– Fixed issue where bots where being added/removed during arsenal and survival, likely causing the crashes we’ve seen with the recursive error.
– Fixed issue where round number wasn’t resetting when using /randmap
– Added bot support for the fixed version of ctf_aversion.
– Changed many missing sound filenames from wav to ogg in client game code.
– Updated chat sound
– Non Players can no longer go on killing sprees (i.e. world, turrets, etc.)
– Think I nailed the out of ammo issue with guantlet
– Fixed issue where if you zoomed on warmup you get stuck zoomed forever. // Nope still a bug
– fix issue with powerups not getting pre-registered on arsenal and survival causing the broken model thing when powerups are dropped
– Added the ability to specify g_NumRounds for survival so that each map can have multiple rounds (Scoring needs some work).
– Added Linux 64 bit binaries.
– Devastator and Gauntlet will get handed out less in Survival and One4All